The City of Ekurhuleni | Robert Brand:
The City of Ekurhuleni is proud to host the 28th installment of the nationally acclaimed Thami Mnyele Fine Art Awards (TMFAA). Artists from across the country are invited to submit their entries for this year’s contemporary fine art competition from August 18 to 20 at the Coen Scholtz Recreation Centre, Mooifontein Road, Birchleigh North in Kempton Park between 09:00 and 19:00 daily.
Submissions may be made at the following satellite venues as well:
• Springs Art Gallery on August 18 and 19 between 09:00 and 19:00;
• Rhoo Hlatshwayo Art Centre in Daveyton on August 18 between 09:00 and 16:00;
• Boksburg Library Auditorium on August 19 2015 between 09:00 and 16:00.
A non-refundable entry fee of R50.00 is payable for each art work entered.
“Art is a unique form of expression, as the City Of Ekurhuleni we endeavor to afford our citizens a platform to express themselves in a skillful way,” said Ekurhuleni spokesperson Themba Gadebe.
“Furthermore, this fine art competition is an initiative aimed at honouring the renowned revolutionary artist, the late Thami Mnyele,” continued Gadebe.
The adjudication process for the 2015 TMFAA competition will be facilitated by Les Cohn, Richman M. Buthelezi, Nontobeko Ntombela, John Fleetwood and Noko Mello.
Entrants stand a chance to win prize money to the value of R100 000.00, which is divided according to the following categories:
• First Prize R40 000.00
• Ekurhuleni Prize R30.000.00
• Multi & New Media Merit Award R7 500.00
• Painting Merit Award R7 500.00
• Art on Paper Merit Award R7 500.00
• Sculpture Merit Award R7 500.00
For more information, artists may contact Tshidiso Makhetha on 011 999 4474 or email Tshidiso.firstname.lastname@example.org or Plantina Kodisabg on 011 999 8727 or email email@example.com alternatively contact Nomcebo Sithole on 011 999 8973 or email Nomcebo.firstname.lastname@example.org