Led by a team of highly qualified and experienced Art Specialists with extensive knowledge and a deep passion for South African and African art, Aspire remains energetic and enthusiastic about the future of the African continent.
The company pools its industry expertise to provide cutting-edge art market insight and world-class specialist art advice that is well informed, objective and impartial to assist clients in Building Collections of Value.
2020/2021 MARKET HIGHLIGHTS OVERVIEW
* As per Corrigall&Co Modern & Contemporary African Art Auctions Reports 2020/2021
* Aspire’s sell-through rate for modern works ranked the highest at 75%. Outperforming other African-based and international auction houses offering modern African art.
* Aspire sold 10% of the 20 listed highest-priced modern African artworks offered locally and internationally in the period January 2020-June 2021.
* Aspire continues to lead in the sales of contemporary African art, while realising the highest average value for works sold compared to other African based auction houses.
* Aspire sold 20% of the 20 listed highest-priced contemporary African artworks offered locally and internationally in the period January 2021-June 2021.
* During 2021, Aspire set over 60 new auction records, with over 30% of works achieving prices above high estimate and more than 65% selling within estimate range.
* Aspire has introduced the work of over 50 artists to auction and debuted 30 African artists locally, actively developing and championing new market segments locally and abroad.
Modern & Contemporary Art
Cape Town, 16 March 2022
Interested in selling artworks from your collection? Contact Aspire’s Art Specialists for a complimentary and confidential art valuation for entry to the auction.
Consignments close 11 February 2022